Monday, May 23, 2016

The dolled-up QUEEN's Budget Barbie series

I love clothes. I love shoes. I love FASHION! But I hate spending too much for something that I'd only wear once, twice or even thrice. I'd rather be spendalicious on food and local travels. I love cheap clothing! What's wrong with buying cheap ones when I only get to wear them a few times. Oh yes! The quality might be compromised but never my style.

What is style?
style stīl/ is a noun which means:
  1. 1.
    a manner of doing something.
  2. 2.
    a distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed.

Distinctive meaning unique. Fashion should involve your personal style. It might involve the latest trends but there will always be one thing about your whole look that will make people say ''IT'S YOU!"


I like pretty clothes. I like wearing pinks, whites, rainbow, neon, florals, stripes and even plain. It doesn't really matter! I like wearing gyaru-ish clothes or ulzzang like clothes çause I believe they reflect the style that I really want- CUTE, FEMININE, SOPHISTICATED.


Where to shop? I love buying clothes at the mall and even online. They're beautiful but I just don't like how pricey they are plus they are mass produced. Imagine wearing a floral dress, get inside a restaurant and see a lady wearing that same exact dress hugging or hanging loose on your body. The worst part is SHE LOOKS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER than you. Now that's FASHION SUICIDE!

In my case, I really like wearing unique and one-of-a-kind clothes where people don't just give me a look but break their necks. I go THRIFT SHOPPING. Duh! UKAY-UKAY! hahahahaha :p If you wanna know what it is, better go and google it yourself. Oh! I almost forgot, I love ransacking my mom's closet. There are so may GREAT FINDS!


There was a time when really huge white sunnies became a fad.  I like wearing them and I just love the bumble bee effect they give. This pair gives the whole look an extra oomph! The dress is actually an ankle length dress which I got from my mom. I had it altered 'cause I wanted to wear something that'll give me a dolly-ish look and feel. The shoes is from my mom, too. It's quite high yet very comfy. I can walk around in these pair the whole day. The plastic bangles I wore were from my collection way back in highschool. Retro accessories made a comeback and I thought I needed to have the bangle in every color. <3 font="">


The dress, shoes and the bag are all from my momm, too! I told you there are so many great finds in your mom's closet. That's if she's into clothes and fashion.


Denim vest from my sister || Black top from a thrift shop || Floral skirt from a mall bazaar in 2003 (worn up to 2010|) || Shoes from mom 

The clear specs with black frame became a fad in 2009-2010



Fedora hat fom a nazaar || Blue dress from a thrift shop || Black ankle boots from 



These photos are memorable to me. this was take in 2010 when I had the chance to go on a working staycation for 3 weeks at Intosan Resort in Danao. My friends and I were bored one Saturday afternoon adn we decided to have a funshoot. These are two of the many snaps we had that day.

 Taken in my pink room wearing a doll dress I got from an thrift shop. My shoes are from a thrift shop, too!

 This was also taken during the working staycation. Top is from a Department store, short from an online shop which I cannot remember, belts from Genevieve Gozum and wedges from a deaprtment store.

 When I posted this on facebook and Chictopia, I captioned thi "LA GRETA"because of the top which is also from my mom. And the shoes, too!


In the Philippines, there's no autumn or winter. But thanks to the wet or the rainy season I get the chance of wearing something like this! Sweatshirt for the sweater weather, a jumper dress, pantyhose with a criss cross design and a pair of flat oxfords. 

How about you how do you dress up without compromising your style? It doesn't have to be expensive. Always remember: They don't have to know what you didn't spend. <3 font="">












Post a Comment