Monday, May 9, 2016

Bongo Bongo Divers Hostel in Dauin ♥


Are you the type of wanderer who prefers to stay in a cozy place without killing your budget? Well, I am. I hate spending too much for something especially when it comes to places to rest or sleep on. When I wander, I don't usually stay in the hotel or hostel or whatever. I spend it outdoors a lot and explore what the place has to offer me, my lens, my instagram and facebook feed. I want people to (cyber) travel in their homes when they couldn't find a place to go to. CHAR! 

I went to Dumaguete for a birthday trip and a friend recommended that we stay in Bongo bongo which is in Dauin. Bongo bongo is more like a guesthouse where you can find tourists coming from different parts in the world. They offer scuba diving courses, too. I think the best thing it offers aside form the affordable room rates is the genuine friendship they show to everyone. NO DISCRIMATION, JUST PURE LOVE. ♥

You can check room rates here.
Read more of my related post about Negros Oriental here.

What I love about this place is the homey feel. ♥

View of our room and the shower and toilet which is shared with the other guest. I didn't have the chance to take photos od their shower room. But it's pretty inside. ♥

While we were there, construction was on-going since they added more rooms. ♥

The equipment area. ♥

Found this hanging in the kitchen. You can cook there and can even put your food in the fridge which is shared by other guests. There is a public market nearby. Once you get a room, you'll have unlimited water, coffee, tea and WI-FI for free. ♥

Woke up and decided to chill in their HAMMOCK HOUSE, If you want, you can even sleep here at night and enjoy listening to feel good reggae beats.

ALOHA MORNING! ♥

You can find these inside Bongo bongo divers. ♥

========================================================================

Another good point about Bongo bongo is that it's just located near the beach. It's so near that it only takes you 2-3 minutes. Dauin's beach is not like the other beaches. Its sand is brown in color but it's still as fine as sugar- JUST LIKE A BROWN SUGAR!




This is Baloo, the dog in Bongo bongo with aloha spirit. He kept on following us and he's harmless. I'm really scared of dogs but I find this one a good fella. ♥

Before I end my entry all about Dumaguete, let me give you a run through of my expenses.

100 - taxi fare to South bus terminal
175 x 2- bus fare to and from Santander
62 x 2 - ferry to Dumaguete port
200 - motorcab rental fee (600/3)
135 - breakfast
333 - room (1000/3)
500 (per head) - habal- habal going to Casaroro falls - Baslay Hot Spring - Bongo bongo
150 - dinner 
20 - motorcab to Zambianguita
500 (per head) -  pumpboat going to Apo Island good for 4 pax
100 - environmental fee
200 - lunch per head (total of 3 people) which includes a platter of rice which is too much for three,           half a kilogram of chicken adobo, 4 equally sliced parts of friend fish
600- pasalubong (optional)
200 - dinner at Sans Rival
50 - motorcab fare

TOTAL: 3560

I guess that ends my entry. Always remember, they don't have to know what you DIDN'T spend.
Post a Comment