Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bohol: Mahaba Island (2012)

The first half of my first day in the island went well. Good weather, calm waves, accommodating people and really good food. My friends and I didn't waste any time so we agreed to head to destination number 1- Mahaba Island.

Mahaba is located in the northernmost part of the main island of Bohol. It's one of the numerous detached islands around it. There's Virgin island, Bongan Island and Puntod to name a few.




The island prolly got the name Mahaba (LONG) because of its long wooden bridge.

I have just gotten out of the boat and couldn't help but had my photo taken here.
TOURIST MODE ON! ♥


Mahaba is a home to numerous mangroove trees. I think they are slowly turning one area into a MANGROOVE FOREST. But nonetheless, it's magnificent!


With me in this photo is my friend, Phoebe. She's so sexy and I'm so. . . NOT SO SEXY! haha

What I like in this island the most is its white powdery sand and crystal clear water.

FRIENDS ♥

The unexpected turnout.

The sunny and calm weather suddenly made its 360 °  shift. It turned gloomy, windy and the waves weren't so calm anymore. But we still insisted on leaving since it didn't rain yet. We got impatient waiting for the bigger boat and decided to ride the smaller one instead. As far as I could recall, there were eight people on it. We still went on. Then the waves were moving in different directions. It was one bumpy ride! I really thought I was gonna drown and die. I prayed and hope that someone would come and help us. The three boys on the boat with us had to jump into the sea to contol the boat's balance beam. I guess it helped and saved all of us from drowning until help came. Whew!



HELP IS COMING!~~~

Despite the panicking and the extreme anxiety of dying, I managed to snap a photo of the angry dark grey clouds and big waves.



RESCUED! 


So yeah! That was the unexpected turnout of our boat trip to Mahaba island. It was pretty scary! haha... But I 'll have to note it down in my book of experiences. I still managed to smile and partly forgot what happened on the way. That won't stop me from liking and loving the beach.

You might wanna see my post about Calituban island here.











Post a Comment